[exim] Re: [exim-dev] Problem with lost mails

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Israel Cardenas
CC: exim-users, exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim] Re: [exim-dev] Problem with lost mails
Israel Cardenas wrote:

[redirected to exim-users because that's where it belongs]

> We are having a problem with our Exim installation. Last month we received
> about 1 millions emails in the system, it works ok, but 3 users say that
> they have lost some mails :S
>
> System's log explain those mails are "Completed" and ok, but users say
> not...

"Completed" just means that exim is done with this mail and that it's
out of exim's scope. What do the logs say about the whole lifetime of
the message? They could have been bounced, processed by some filter,
etc. If they were finally delivered it's very likely that your users use
some anti-spam software that goes weird.

> Is there any bug or error about this? We are using Debian Sarge with Exim
> v4.44-2.

Nico