Re: [exim-dev] Re: exim filter fails on multiline subjects

Autor: Gabor FUNK
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Re: exim filter fails on multiline subjects
> That's because the message header has been corrupted:
> it has been split by a blank line so that some of it has been
> shunted to the message body.

Yeah, I recognized this. The question is then: "who" corrupts
the header. I took out the samples from a Maildir, where
exim dropped the message. The scenario on this system is
the following:
- exim4 receiving the message, queue only
- mailscanner processes the message, moves to 2nd queue
- exim4(2) handling the outgoing message from the 2nd queue

So, either exim4 or mailscanner is the one who corrupts the
header. I'm not sure which one is the bad one, but even if
it would be mailscanner, then exim4(2) would be "facing"
the corrupted mail/header, so even if it would not corrupt,
would have no problem, and silently go on...

G.