Re: [exim] av_scanner(working)but, can you quarantine the em…

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] av_scanner(working)but, can you quarantine the email and one other query.
Hello carinus.carelse,

carinus.carelse@???, 13.07.2005 (d.m.y):

> This is how i got mine working for the uvscan(mcafee virus scan). Pieced
> together from the Archives and help from the list. Is it right this way
> or is there better way?

From my point of view, it's OK doing it this way.

> My next question is can you quarantine the email
> to a disk or is that impossible.

When your virus scanner notifies exim that there is a virus in the
data the other server has just transmitted, exim will reject the
corresponding mail.
Thus, there's no chance in putting the correspoding files into a
quarantie directory.

> i know you should be able to issue a
> quaratine command to the virus scanner but I want to save the file like a
> exim message file can I do that.

Sorry, but I just didn't get your point...

If you want your mail server to quarantine infected files, just take a
look at MailScanner (see <http://www.mailscanner.info>).
MailScanner can also invoke an "external" virus scanner and can
additionally pass the email to SpamAssassin. To make it "perfect", it
can also "disarm" potentially dangerous HTML code (Forms etc.).

Regards,
Christian

--
Man soll die Dinge nicht so tragisch nehmen, wie sie sind.
        -- Karl Valentin