[exim] exim and multiple Mailbox-Server

Autor: Michelle Konzack
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] exim and multiple Mailbox-Server
Hello *,

I have a non-comercial organisation, runing currently Courier and I
have already more then 20.000 $USER on it.

Now I like to cluster the the server that not all mailboxes are
located on the same physical server.

Which mean, the Mailserver is <mail.domain.tld> receive all mails
for <domain.tld> and forward the incoming messages to the server
where the mailbox is stored. Exactly, I setup Mailbox-Severs in
several countries like <mbox-de.domain.tld> or <mbox-fr.domain.tld>

Does anyone know how to setup such thing ?

But generaly I like to setup such thing like at my german ISP
<http://www.freenet.de/> which has ONLY <mx.freenet.de> and this
is where $USER send (SMTP) and get (IMAP/POP3) there E-Mails but
teh mailboxes are physicalay <mboxXX.freenet.de>

It seems that each <mboxXX.freenet.de> can hold around 60.000
Accounts because Freenet has around 4,5 million E-Mails and 80
Mailbox-Servers.

Or is this kind of loadbalancing availlabel only in commercial
loadbalancing tools ?

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi