Re: [exim] Issues with exim communicating with another serve…

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Issues with exim communicating with another server ( rfc1413 ? timeout ? tls ? )

On Jun 23, 2005, at 4:56 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> EITHER remove Exim's memory of this

That's what I was looking to do.

> Sledgehammer:  just delete /var/spool/exim/db/*  That removes all
>                memory.

ugh... looks bad

> Scalpel:       learn to use the exim-fixdb utility to remove just the
>                relevant data records. Like learning to use a real
>                scalpel, needs a bit of training. :-)

not much training though -- did the exact job i needed

> Set delay_after_cutoff=false in the SMTP transport (see the URL above).

I had previously tried that -- no luck. I think it could have been
because it was the main mail server to one of our biggest clients, that
hosted 10 of their domains and probably 40+ addresses that we had been
trying to message for over a week.

>> That struck me as odd -- shouldn't i get a
>>     220 TLS go ahead
>> off of that response?
> Only if the host is working correctly. :-)

That's what i thought -- their sysadmins didn't seem to know what they
were doing and just broke the mailserver when they upgraded.

Thanks for the heads up on tls_avoid_hosts -- i had never seen that
option before.