Re: [exim] Exim 4 and Majordomo

Author: Dafydd Blaidd
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4 and Majordomo
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> Those look OK. What are the contents of
> /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases and
> /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases-private ?

Here is one example:

------ majordomo-public -----

#Begin listname
#----- Listname -----#
listname:"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l listname -h \
midrealm.org listname-outgoing"
listname-request:"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l listname"
listname-owner:dafydd
listname-approval:listname-owner
owner-listname:listname-owner
listname-outgoing-owner:listname-owner
listname-request-owner:listname-owner
owner-listname-outgoing:listname-owner
owner-listname-request:listname-owner
#End

------ majordomo-private -----

listname-outgoing::include:/usr/local/majordomo/mlists/listname, \
"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -a -m -f \
/usr/local/majordomo/mlists/listname.archive/listname"

Both files are perm'd 644 and owned majorodmo:daemon.

I do not suspect Majordomo because the mailing lists (some of which have
been running for over ten years) still work fine if I post to them from a
local address. Then again, I've run out of options and am willing to
believe that there's a butterfly in china somewhere that's the cause of
all this.

--

Dave Majors
dafydd@???