Re: [exim] eximstats options?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Johann Spies
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] eximstats options?
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Johann Spies wrote:

> I have exim 4.51-1 installed on Debian Sid. According to the manpage
> of eximstats the following should work - but:
>
> $ eximstats -merge -html *txt
> Eximstats: Unknown or malformed option -merge
>   Valid options are:
>     -h<number>   histogram divisions per hour
>                  default is 1, 0 suppresses histograms
>     -ne          don't display error information
>     -nr          don't display relaying information
>     -nr/pattern/ don't display relaying information that matches
>     -nt          don't display transport information
>     -q<list>     list of times for queuing information
>                  single 0 item suppresses
>     -t<number>   display top <number> sources/destinations
>                  default is 50, 0 suppresses top listing
>     -tnl         omit local sources/destinations in top listing

> Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the documentation.

Looks like an ancient version of eximstats. Try "eximstats --help". This
is what I get for a bad option:

$ eximstats -rhubarb
Eximstats: Unknown or malformed option -rhubarb

eximstats Version 1.36

Usage: eximstats [Options] mainlog1 mainlog2 ... > report.txt
       eximstats -html  [Options] mainlog1 mainlog2 ... > report.html
       eximstats -merge [Options] report.1.txt report.2.txt ... > weekly_rep.txt
       eximstats -merge -html [Options] report.1.html ... > weekly_rep.html

Parses exim mainlog or syslog files and generates a statistical analysis
of the messages processed. Valid options are:

-h<number>      histogram divisions per hour. The default is 1, and
                0 suppresses histograms. Other valid values are:
                2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 60.
-ne             don't display error information
-nr             don't display relaying information
-nr/pattern/    don't display relaying information that matches
-nt             don't display transport information
-nt/pattern/    don't display transport information that matches
-nvr            don't do volume rounding. Display in bytes, not KB/MB/GB.
-q<list>        list of times for queuing information
                single 0 item suppresses
-t<number>      display top <number> sources/destinations
                default is 50, 0 suppresses top listing
-tnl            omit local sources/destinations in top listing
-t_remote_users show top user sources/destinations from non-local domains

-byhost         show results by sending host (default unless bydomain or
                byemail is specified)
-bydomain       show results by sending domain.
-byemail        show results by sender's email address
-byedomain      show results by sender's email domain

-pattern "Description" /pattern/
                Count lines matching specified patterns and show them in
                the results. It can be specified multiple times. Eg:
                -pattern 'Refused connections' '/refused connection/'

-merge          merge previously generated reports into a new report

-html           output the results in HTML
-charts         Create charts (this requires the GD::Graph modules)
-chartdir <dir> Create the charts' png files in the directory <dir>
-chartrel <dir> Specify the relative directory for the "img src=" tags
                from where to include the charts in the html file
                -chartdir and -chartrel default to '.'

-d              Debug mode - dump the eval'ed parser onto STDERR.