Re: [exim] greylisting

Author: Kjetil Kjernsmo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] greylisting
On onsdag 15 juni 2005, 23:16, Mark Nipper wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 18:43 +0200, Steffen Heil wrote:
> > > I don't want to take this into account, since I do greylisting at
> > > RCPT time.
> >
> > But that presumably means you're doing greylisting unconditionally.
> > It makes a lot more sense only to do it for mail which is actually
> > considered suspicious for some reason.
> >
> > Otherwise you just end up delaying a lot of good mail for no
> > reason.
>
>         Isn't that really kind of the whole point?  If the mail
> is legitimate (ideally), the remote side will resend in a bit and
> the tuplet will be recognized as valid at that point for some set
> period of time (few weeks to months normally).

Yup, but I personally has had ambitions to do a bit of whitelisting in
RCPT TO, based on FOAF social networks for example, or hook it into a
CRM system, if is a commercial setting. I think it would help a bit...

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer/Astrophysicist/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer