Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculo…

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculously strict RBL filter
On 14/06/05, Daevid Vincent <daevid@???> wrote:
> I'm trying to get help on exim and so I join the exim-users list
> (daevid@???), but then I can't send to the list because you block
> my IP because it is part of a dynamic IP service (comcast). This is
> extremely frustrating.

Possibly, but it is working as intended. There are at least 4
solutions for you -

1. Relay through your ISP's mail relays, which is what they're there
for. This is free and trivial to do.
2. Rent a virtual server for a few tens of USD per month and run your
own Exim relay
3. Buy a service which doesn't give you an IP in the same class as all
the zombies in the world
4. Get an account at Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc etc and post from there.

This will do wonders for the deliverability of your mail, not just to
exim-users. The 'problem' will only get worse for you as more and more
sites realise there's no good reason to accept mail from
dialup/dynamic IPs, compared with how quiet it goes from the zombies
when you don't.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer