Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculo…

Autor: Gregg Berkholtz
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculously strict RBL filter
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:03:00AM +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 14/06/05, Daevid Vincent <daevid@???> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get help on exim and so I join the exim-users list
> > (daevid@???), but then I can't send to the list because you block
> > my IP because it is part of a dynamic IP service (comcast). This is
> > extremely frustrating.
>
> Possibly, but it is working as intended. There are at least 4
> solutions for you -
>
> 1. Relay through your ISP's mail relays, which is what they're there
> for. This is free and trivial to do.
> 2. Rent a virtual server for a few tens of USD per month and run your
> own Exim relay
> 3. Buy a service which doesn't give you an IP in the same class as all
> the zombies in the world
> 4. Get an account at Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc etc and post from there.

For those whom:
1) Dont trust the reliabilty of their ISP's SMTP services
2) Would perfer to communicate directly with external SMTP servers
3) Dont have other broadband options/providers
4) On a static IP which is listed in a large DUL block
5) Are on a tight budget

Is it possible to configure Exim for sending directly, and if that
attempt fails, depending on the error reported automatically relay
through a smarthost instead?

Thanks,
Gregg Berkholtz