Re: [exim] Rejecting non-RFC compliant email addresses?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
Subject: Re: [exim] Rejecting non-RFC compliant email addresses?
On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 12:11 +0100, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> However, I'm finding that registrations which demand my email address
> are typically refusing to accept "+" as part of my address - so, even
> though *I* could use it, *they* won't. Whether this is deliberate
> (they worked out that people using "+" are trying to track who they
> sell the address to), or they're just too badly educated to know
> what's legal, I can't say.

I'm currently locked out of my energy provider's site because they won't
let me use a + in an email address (however the previous site - run by a
different company that got taken over - did allow this, so I am already
registered with an email they consider illegal). In this case its given
me the final impetus to take my business elsewhere so I'm transferring
out.

    Nigel.