Re: [exim] SMTP callbacks and greylisting

Autor: Dean Brooks
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP callbacks and greylisting
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:55:44PM +0200, V. T. Mueller wrote:

> Maybe delaying the incoming SMTP in
> order to shoot off a second callback attempt after a while, hoping
> that bl**dy greylisting became satisfied in the meantime?
>
> I really do disapprove working around pure stupidity and right now
> I'm trying hard to locate someone responsible at that site but maybe
> there is a more a less easy way of tweaking exim to cope with it
> temporarily? Any hint is greatly appreciated!

I agree, callbacks are pure stupidity. Since the only time callbacks
should only be used is when you have obtained pre-authorization from
the targeted mail server's administrator, you should also be able to
get authorization to be whitelisted from their greylisting.

If you are doing callbacks to random SMTP mail servers out on the net
that attempt to send you email, that is a far worse sin than
greylisting my friend.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???