Re: [exim] SMTP callbacks and greylisting

Autor: Paul Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP callbacks and greylisting
On Monday June 6 2005 7:56 am, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> What's the usual minimum greylisting-delay, something like 5
> minutes? I think that's a little long to keep the connection open
> and the sending MTA may drop it meanwhile.

60 minutes is typical from what I've seen (it's the greylistd default
in Debian and likely elsewhere). MTAs typically don't even try to
keep connections open after they've sent or tried to send every
message it can for a particular MX until the next queue run.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@???