Re: [exim] Smarthost through ssh-tunnel

Autor: Dirk grosse Osterhues
A: John W. Baxter
CC: Marc Sherman, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Smarthost through ssh-tunnel
John W. Baxter wrote:
> [..]
> Check out the run and readsocket capabilities.
> ${run blah}
> and
> ${readsocket blah}
>
> We mostly use the latter, to avoid the overhead of starting one or several
> processes per message. It's pretty easy to write a suitable daemon in
> Python...it's likely also easy in Perl (which I haven't spoken intensively
> since we started seriously using Python about 8 years ago). One of ours was
> started...on the machine where I happen to be...sometime in 2004, another
> was started back in March of this year.

Thank you for your answer, but the annoyance of te problem is not big
enough for me to learn python ;) I hoped I would have overread just an
easy-to-use-directive, but so I'll do it via portknocking for localhost,
I think.
But anyways, thanks for your time.

Regards,
Dirk