Re: [exim] Smarthost through ssh-tunnel

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: Dirk grosse Osterhues, Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Smarthost through ssh-tunnel
On 6/4/05 2:09 PM, "Dirk grosse Osterhues" <tud-gut@???> wrote:

> Well, thanks for the idea. I spent some more time on looking for a
> solution and found that there was an option in exim3 called "command",
> which could be invoked by exim before transporting the mail. I couldn't
> find it in the docs for exim4, so is this gone or did I missunderstand
> something?

Check out the run and readsocket capabilities.
${run blah}
and
${readsocket blah}

We mostly use the latter, to avoid the overhead of starting one or several
processes per message. It's pretty easy to write a suitable daemon in
Python...it's likely also easy in Perl (which I haven't spoken intensively
since we started seriously using Python about 8 years ago). One of ours was
started...on the machine where I happen to be...sometime in 2004, another
was started back in March of this year.

--John