[exim] How do I reconfigure?

Autor: hesco
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] How do I reconfigure?
I've been scp'ing my local work to my mail server and sending outgoing
from there for about two months now. Its time I break down and
configure my broken exim installation. I tried running eximconfig, but
it apparently doesn't exist on this machine with a fresh install of
exim4. (Twice today I ran apt-get remove --purge exim4; apt-get
install exim4).

I finally found dpkg-reconfigure exim-config and found the menu, but my
tests are still failing. I'm told I must authenticate against
outgoing.verizon.net. I've created the /etc/exim4/passwd.client file.
I'm confused about what to do with the
/etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples file.

All advise appreciated?

-- Hugh