Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:33:22 -0400, Marc Sherman
<msherman@???> wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>> One of these challenges is the task of removing existing spamassassin
>> headers from the message when the message first enters exim.
>
>Why do you care about removing incoming spam headers? SpamAssassin
>ignores anything starting with X-Spam when it's processing the message,
>and you should be able to do all the filtering you want to with a
>combination of $spam_* and $acl_m* variables, without ever looking at
>the headers.

Principle of least surprise. For example, I have my mutt display the
X-Spam-Headers, and it is misleading if I am presented with multiple
sets of headers. Additionally, in larger setups, spam header creation
will most probably happen on the MX front-end, while filtering will
happen on the storage back-end server.

Greetings
Marc