Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0100, Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
>I recently changed our local scanner (which adds X-Cam-* headers) to add
>them to the top of the message rather than to the end of the headers. This
>is because they are effectively trace headers: like received headers more
>than one set can be added and it can be complicated to understand which
>ones were added when if they aren't consistently ordered. In addition to
>that, DomainKeys/IIM is coming and it strongly prefers headers to be
>prepended rather than appended.

That is a good thing, and led me to the idea of adding a "Marker"
header first and then the local Spamassassin Headers. The system
filter could then remove all found Spamassassin Headers found below
the marker - but that doesn't work as the system filter can only
remove _all_ headers of a given name. Too bad.

So I see correctly that adding X-Localhost-somerandom-Spam: headers in
th ACL and then having

headers_add = X-Spam: $h_x-localhost-somerandom-spam
headers_remove = x-localhost-somerandom-spam

in the system filter is the closest I can get to removing all foreign
Spamassassin headers, at the risk of somebody externally forging
x-localhost-somerandom-spam: and misguiding the filters which might be
applied later in transmission.

Or is there an easier way that doesn't have these drawbacks?

Greetings
Marc