Re: [exim] Exim Wishlist?

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Wishlist?
Philip Hazel wrote:

>>And what's the current recommended way of getting something added to it?
>>Would you prefer mail on this list, or a bug in bugzilla?
>
> Either.

Ok, I'd like to add an item to the wishlist. I mentioned it once before
on the mailing list[0], but it was in the context of a feature request
for eximstats, so I'm not surprised it didn't make the exim wishlist.

[0]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050404/msg00069.html

I'd like to see a new log selector, receipt_time, which makes the <= log
line include the time to receive the message, from connection until the
<= was logged (it could be logged as RT=time).

The idea is that:
RT(<=) = QT(Completed) - (timestamp(Completed) - timestamp(<=))

The info already exists in the log, but it's difficult to extract, and
would be useful for tracking down/documenting network problems receiving
messages, or ACLs that are taking too long.

Thanks,
- Marc