Re: [exim] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / repor…

Autor: Paul Dekkers
A: Dickenson, Steven
CC: exim-users, Tom Kistner
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / reporting tool
Hi,

Dickenson, Steven wrote:

>Tom Kistner wrote:
>

>>This has been sitting on my hard drive since last year. I have now
>>managed to give it some documentation and release it. I'm using it
>>myself and it really makes a difference sometimes. I'm looking for
>>some feedback on the project before I announce it somewhere else.
>>

>Just checking this out now. So far, very cool.
>
>FYI, I had to install libnet-netmask-perl on Debian to get this to work.
>Not sure what CPAN package that translates to. Being a complete Perl
>idiot, I'm not the best person to say if this should be obvious or not,
>but there may be other Perl packages that need to be installed to get
>this work. I already had a bunch installed by default with Debian and
>other things I've been playing with on this test box.
>
>Too bad this isn't written in PHP, I'd love to hack at it. ;)

In fact, I'm glad that it's perl. For PHP apache would be the obvious
choice, but I don't really like apache on my MTA. With perl I can use
the lightweight thttpd or something :-) But ok, this is a personal thing
probably.

But the screenshots look good indeed, I will give this a try.

I think we still need better graphing tools with exim though, don't we?
The mailgraph-exim package is something like I had in mind, but I think
it is not really maintained. (I think I will write some things that suit
my need though, if I find some time :-))

Paul