Re: [exim-dev] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / r…

Author: James Sheridan
To: exim-dev
CC: Tom Kistner
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / reporting tool
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:57 +0200, Tom Kistner wrote:

> This has been sitting on my hard drive since last year. I have now
> managed to give it some documentation and release it. I'm using it
> myself and it really makes a difference sometimes. I'm looking for
> some feedback on the project before I announce it somewhere else.

Hi Tom,

Exilog looks fab - well done! My one 'bug' that I've found so far is
that the exilog_agent.pl script fails to import entries into the
database if there are un-escaped strings in the log file. We have some
Exim filters which check message content for known malware and reject
accordingly, which produces custom 550's that seem to be getting munged
by exilog:

SQL Error (code 1064) on 'unknown' with query: INSERT INTO unknown
(server,line,message_id,timestamp) VALUES('mail-1','cancelled by system
filter: This message has been rejected because it has\na potentially
executable attachment "hotmail.4927.word.scr"\nThis form of attachment
has been used by\nrecent viruses or other malware.\nIf you meant to send
this file then please\','1CjNzO-00081Y-WE','1104265855')

--
James Sheridan <james.sheridan@???>
Rockford IT Ltd

This email originates from IT Group UK Limited.

With subsidiary companies:

Rockford IT Limited
Rockford Electronics Limited

Registered Office: