Re: [exim-dev] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / r…

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / reporting tool
On 6/2/05 6:57 AM, "Tom Kistner" <tom@???> wrote:

> This has been sitting on my hard drive since last year. I have now
> managed to give it some documentation and release it. I'm using it
> myself and it really makes a difference sometimes. I'm looking for
> some feedback on the project before I announce it somewhere else.

This looks really interesting for our situation. Support staff currently
have log access via ssh where the authorized key file sudo's them and drops
them into a python program which scans the logs for them. This looks much
better.

> If there is sufficient interest, I'll also finish the queue management
> support it's supposed to have. :)

Queue management should be able to be restricted to certain users, one way
or another. Peeking is one thing...munging is quite another.

--John