Re: [exim] do router based on if a files exists or not

Author: JupiterHost.Net
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] do router based on if a files exists or not

Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2005, JupiterHost.Net wrote:
>
>>Tony Finch wrote:

>>>You need to add the allow_fail option to your router before you can use
>>>:fail: in the .forward file.
>>
>>I did that and got the results I'd posted before :(
>

> Try restarting Exim before testing. Try testing with debugging turned on.

After restarting and verifying allow_filter is inthe router:

./forward
#Exim Filter
:fail: bye bye love

exim -bt -d USER
33 bytes read from /usr/home/USER/.forward
data is an Exim filter program
Filter: start of processing
Filter: end of processing
rda_interpret: subprocess yield=8 error=unknown filtering command
":fail:" near line 2 of filter file
localuser_forward router: defer for USER@HOSTNAME
message: error in filter file: unknown filtering command ":fail:"
near line 2 of filter file
USER@HOSTNAME cannot be resolved at this time:
error in filter file: unknown filtering command ":fail:" near line 2
of filter file
search_tidyup called

./forward
:fail: bye bye love

exim -bt -d USER
20 bytes read from /usr/home/USER/.contactemail
file is not a filter file
parse_forward_list: :fail: bye bye love

extract item: :fail: bye bye love
rda_interpret: subprocess yield=8 error=":fail: bye bye love" is not
permitted
localuser_forward router: defer for USER@HOSTNAME
message: error in redirect file: ":fail: bye bye love" is not permitted
USER@HOSTNAME cannot be resolved at this time:
error in redirect file: ":fail: bye bye love" is not permitted
search_tidyup called

> Try testing with debugging turned on.

I'll need to look into this a bit more, thanks :)