Re: [exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails

Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:31:18AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Johann Spies wrote:
> >
> >I don't understand enough of what is happening in the process when
> >exim calls in this script. Therefore I do not know how to debug it.
>
> If the script works in a shell, but fails when exim calls it, the first
> thing to suspect is permissions, followed closely by environment
> (especially path).

Thanks! The problem was that the exim user has a "/bin/false" default
shell. Adding "/bin/bash" as part of the command solved this
problem.

On my first test email with this script (to myself) I received an
empty mail with an empty attachment! :(

Obviously the process is not working as expected.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Do all things without murmurings and disputings;
      that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of
      God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and
      perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the
      world."    Philippians 2:14,15