Re: [exim] Requesting - TNEF into b64/MIME

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Requesting - TNEF into b64/MIME
On 25 May 2005 at 15:19, Gary Allen Vollink wrote about
    "[exim] Requesting - TNEF into b64/M":

| Has anybody heard of a filter to convert TNEF (winmail.dat) files
| directly into base64/MIME files inside the Transport layer?

I haven't, but I have an opinion. ;)

| I currently have Outlook clients using SMTP through my Exim server, and
| they often directly send TNEF filetypes outbound to remote sites, I
| would love to be able to auto-magically convert these files into
| something that's available to non-Microsoft MUAs.

Not all Microsoft MUAs can handle TNEF either. I think a simpler
solution is also better: bounce such messages back to the sender, at
least for local senders, with an explanation and instructions on how
to correct their MUA configuration in the bounce message text.

- Fred