Re: [exim] Umlaute and autoreply

Author: Jan Suchanek
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Umlaute and autoreply
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jan Suchanek wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am using exim with an autoreply transport for vacation messages. If someone
>>sends mails including Umlaute (öäü) in the subject they get replaced with an
>>"X" with looks not so nice. Is the a way to avoid the. I was thinking of
>>rewrite rules replacing the umlaute with something like =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=FC?=
>>but this seems quite cumbersome.
>>Are there any solutions to this problem?
>

> print_topbitchars = true

this line is in my config file but sadly changes nothing :-(

is there something wrong with my vacation transport?

vacation_reply:
driver = autoreply
user = exim
log = /var/vacation/${local_part}_vacation.log
once = /var/vacation/${local_part}_vacation.db
once_repeat = 7d
from = ${local_part}@???
return_path = ${local_part}@???
to = $sender_address