Re: [exim] where is queue runner ? exim 4.51

Author: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
To: exim-users
CC: Keith Martin
Subject: Re: [exim] where is queue runner ? exim 4.51
On Monday 16 of May 2005 17:40, Keith Martin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The problem is that queue somehow is no longer run:
>
> I had a similar problem after doing a new build, eventually traced it down
> to a problem linking with libiconv. As I didn't need that (it was for a
> simple internal relay) all I did was ensure that the HAVE_ICONV value was
> not set in the Makefile within the build directory by commenting out the
> line that said HAVE_ICONV=yes (this had been picked up from the OS info,
> OS/Makefile-SunOS5), recompiled and all has worked fine since.

[...]

> Hopefully someone else here can give a real explanation for this problem -
> the above is simply a work-around, not a fix.

Seems that no one else hit the problem. I'm using simple ,,hack'' - running
runq from cron until I'll have time and posibility to check iconv hint (the
problem occured on production server and it has to work - no time to debug
anything).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/