RE: [exim] where is queue runner ? exim 4.51

Author: Keith Martin
To: 'Arkadiusz Miskiewicz', exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] where is queue runner ? exim 4.51

> Hi,
>
> The problem is that queue somehow is no longer run:

I had a similar problem after doing a new build, eventually traced it down
to a problem linking with libiconv. As I didn't need that (it was for a
simple internal relay) all I did was ensure that the HAVE_ICONV value was
not set in the Makefile within the build directory by commenting out the
line that said HAVE_ICONV=yes (this had been picked up from the OS info,
OS/Makefile-SunOS5), recompiled and all has worked fine since.

I did plan to go back at some stage and try to work out what the actual
problem with it was, but as yet have not done so. If you do not need to do
any character set conversion ($header_xxx expansions or Sieve filter
support) then I would suggest giving this a try and see if it helps.

Hopefully someone else here can give a real explanation for this problem -
the above is simply a work-around, not a fix.

Regards,
Keith.