Re: [exim] authenticate * not work

Author: G W
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] authenticate * not work
> emulation...?

No. just curious why 2 MUAs behave the same regarding to authentication.
there're several authenticators and i guess that different MUA will
use different one if appropriate to use.

> >The other 2 (AUTH PLAIN and AUTH CRAM-MD5) are used for login to POP/IMAP ???
>
> ?? we are talking of an SMTP server here! These authentication are
> for decent client applications, like the not so amazing, but still
> much better than OE, Eudora.

i try Eudora after reading your message.
Surprisingly, it won't work with any of my authenticators??

> >Right now, the situation is the client needs to enter password TWICE,
> >1 for pop email off their mailbox, 1 for sending mail from my server.
>
> OE allows you to use for SMTP AUTH the same authentication settings
> of the POP/IMAP account, so there is no need.

yes, i find this too. Thx

> let them complain, they would anyway, after all they most probably
> use Windows, poor little ones.

They must ask me WHY need to enter password twice.
Dunno if i should tell them the truth: "i can't make it work"