Re: [exim] Header error message

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Header error message

Tony wrote:
>>I suggest setting a reply-to header if you don't want personal copies of
>>posts to the list.

Steven replied:
> I thought I was.
>
> I'll check, thanks.

You're only setting Mail-Followup-To. That, and your .sig file, suggest
that you expect this mailing list to follow Debian's list policies,
which it doesn't -- most don't. MFT is a non-standard header, that is
not widely supported in MUAs. As near as I can tell from Google, the
IETF draft has expired without getting an RFC number assigned, and it
wasn't included in rfc2822, which was published 4 years later.

There is a mailing list about exim that follows Debian's mailing list
policies, if you prefer, which you can find at: