Re: [exim] authenticate * not work

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: G W
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] authenticate * not work
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 22:31 +0800, G W wrote:
> > Make sure you don't have an anti-virus tool playing man in the middle
> > games with you authentication from you test host. You have to turn off
> > outbound email virus checking with tools such as nortons.
>
> i have tired disabling any AV during testing.. but the problem remains
>
> FYI, the EXIM server is behind cisco firewall but leave all relevant
> ports open (25, 110, 143, ...).

Don't tell me. Its doing smtp fixup. Do tests from outside the
firewall. Admire the way the cisco craps all over the SMTP greeting,
and louses up the SMTP in general.

Then get a large iron bar and visit your cisco admin. Keep hitting him
until he takes off the smtp fixup. If he dies first use the iron bar on
the firewall.

It must be close on 20 years that cisco have been making ESMTP unusable.

    Nigel.