Re: [exim] Dynamic email address

Author: Eric Fox
To: Brent Clark
CC: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Dynamic email address
Too bad you couldn't convince them use a From address in the form of
'12345.booking@???' (where the number is random), it would be
trivial to setup an alias such as '*.booking: bookings' and adjust your
system_aliases router from:

  system_aliases:
    driver = redirect
    allow_fail
    allow_defer
    data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe

to:

  system_aliases:
    driver = redirect
    allow_fail
    allow_defer
    data = ${lookup{$local_part}partial1-lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe

---
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ Small Business Computer Support
 \.\   /./ in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area
    \@/    http://www.bsdsystems.com/support/
.