Re: [exim] Rate Limiting?

Author: neil
To: torsten
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rate Limiting?
Hi;

torsten@??? wrote:

>is rate limiting a part of Exim in the meanwhile?

>If not, did anyone implement such a thing and would be willing to share
>his / her code?

We have this un-used, un-tested feature in one of our configs.
Dont know if it is of any use.

####################
#Rate Limited Hosts#
####################
#When a host in ratelimit_hosts file matches, the values of
smtp_ratelimit_mail
#and smtp_ratelimit_rcpt are used to control rate of acceptance of mail
and rcpt
#commands, respectively. These options apply independently to individual
SMTP
#connections : there is no sharing of data between connections from the
same host!

#smtp_ratelimit_hosts = partial-lsearch;/usr/exim/ratelimited_hosts

#smtp_ratelimit_mail/rcpt threshold,Initial time delay, Mulitplier, Max
value for the delay
#smtp_ratelimit_mail w,x,y,z
#smtp_ratelimit_rcpt w,x,y,z

#smtp_ratelimit_mail = 5, 2s, 5.05, 4m
#smtp_ratelimit_rcpt = 5, 2s, 5.05, 4m

#smtp_ratelimit_mail : specifies delays that are applied to MAIL
commands after 'w' have been
#recieved over a single connection. The initial delay is 'x', increasing
by a factor of 'y'
#each time to a maximum of 'z' minutes.
#smtp_ratelimit_rcpt : applies as above but to delay to RCPT commands
when more than 'w' occur
#in a single mail.

# NOTE :
#There is also system wide teergrubing in place this is set on any
sender trying to send to
#more than 25 RCPT's in a single smtp sessions. However this rate
limited is host specific
#and set on MAIL commands and RCPT.
#End Rate Limited Hosts#

regards