Re: [exim] Exim 4.x not adding missing "Date:" header ?

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Olaf Hopp
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.x not adding missing "Date:" header ?
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Olaf Hopp wrote:

> From: Olaf Hopp <Olaf.Hopp@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:09:53 +0200 (MEST)
> Subject: [exim] Exim 4.x not adding missing "Date:" header ?
>
> I (finally) went from Exim 3.x to 4.x.
> But from now on Exim does not add a missing
> "Date:"-header as you can see below.

This change came in exim-4.30:

56. Exim used to add From:, Date:, and Message-Id: header lines to any
    incoming messages that did not have them. Now it does so only if the
    message originates locally, that is, if there is no associated remote host
    address. When Resent- header lines are present, this applies to the Resent-
    lines rather than the non-Resent- lines.

You can modify this behaviour by using:

control = submission

in an appropriate ACL.  See Chapters 39 & 43 of the manual.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101