Re: [exim] content scanning with spamassassin in exim 4.50

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
CC: Jason Keltz
Assumpte: Re: [exim] content scanning with spamassassin in exim 4.50
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 10:31 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Jason Keltz wrote:
> > transport_filter = spamc -U /tmp/spamd.sock
>
> Bingo! Of course that is exactly the right way to do it for individual
> deliveries. Why haven't people thought of that before? I don't know, but
> I suspect the answer is that people are caught up on thinking of ways to
> run spamc and then reject/discard the message if it is spam. Simply
> annotating it (as you are doing) is clearly best done like that if you
> want to have each user run with their own setting.

Its fine for pure annotation. However if you want to do any filtering
based on the result, then you need to use a separate MDA or do the
filtering in the MUA. Personally I'm not keen on having spam marked
messages in the mainstream set of messages.

    Nigel.