Re: [exim] content scanning with spamassassin in exim 4.50

Autor: Jason Keltz
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] content scanning with spamassassin in exim 4.50
Hi Philip,

I've seen several examples of using Exim with the transport/router
method of calling spamc, but in my own opinion, this complicates the
mail delivery process. I know it works, but I would prefer exim not to
have to handle each message twice.

I found a very interesting and simple way of doing what I wanted to do
(running spamc as each user with their own preferences), but because it
is so simple, and because there are so many people who are not doing it
this way, I need to ask if what I am doing is good/bad and why...

In both the "local_delivery:" and "address_pipe" transports, right under
the "driver = appendfile", I simply added:

transport_filter = spamc -U /tmp/spamd.sock

Now, everything just works. Not only does "spamc" run as the user who
the message is being delivered to using their own spamassassin settings,
but it runs once per recipient, and if there is an error, spamc passes
back the original message unaltered, so either way, the delivery occurs.

Jason.