Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations

Author: Andre Nicholson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations

Hamish Whittal further wrote:
> Any suggestions welcome.

With Cyrus IMAP installations serving universities and other
institutions and corporations with needs of 50,000+ users, my first
guess as to your "awfully slow" Cyrus IMAP setup would be a
configuration or hardware or lack of load-balancing or poor filesystem
choice or third-party interfacing software or OS configuration, and most
certainly *not* Cyrus itself. But it's nearly impossible to diagnose
with only "using ... for some time now and it seems awfully slow" to go
on. I would keep that in mind before searching for a replacement on
Cyrus IMAP's scale.

As far as a replacement that could be used with Exim nicely: any mail
server software that's capable of basic POP or IMAP will do. The rest is
just icing.

Andre