Re: [exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails

Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails
* Matt Fretwell <mattf@???> [20050427 21:02]: wrote:
> Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>
> > Il 27 Apr 2005 alle 19:58 Odhiambo G. Washington immise in rete
> > > I know that what I am about to talk about is like the 3rd World War in
> > > this forum.
> > (...)
> > > Now not being a programmer of any repute, I hit the archives last
> > > night for 3 hours and all I came out with were the NAYs to this
> > > implementation.
> > (...)
> > >I can't re-invent that wheel, or should I? I know
> > > about Dr. Hazel's transport_filter script, but I said I'm not a perl
> > > programmer, no? ;)
> > >
> > > Thanking you in advance, even as you prepare to fire your flame away!
> >
> > Is not flaming: it i just that mosto of the peole in this list are
> > strongly against mangling the body of the message.
> > So no one is spontaneously, unles a bit sadic, writing such programs,
> > and if forced to do does not publish, just to render the job harder to
> > the other ones that want to follow the evil way.
> > After all the customer will pay more for the satisfaction of mangling e-
> > mail ....
> > Signaturees are done for this purpose ... why not use them ?
>

> Just to wind this up further, I believe I may have a basic shell script
> knocking about somewhere for this purpose :) I will try and find it, if
> you are interested. Requires a pipe transport, as it just reads from
> stdin.

I will greatly appreciate!

There is so much opposition to e-mail mangling in this world, but other
applications are doing it anyway. I've seen some commercial ones.
The only reason all these great minds are not seeing the worth of
implementing it for Exim is because they are against it ;)

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                    . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash _at_ wananchi _ dot _ com        . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223            . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121            . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post