[exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Adding those Legal disclaimers to e-mails
Hello people ;)

I know that what I am about to talk about is like the 3rd World War in
this forum.

However, people want it and people do it and there's not much that can
be done about that, inasmuch as we would like to consider the
disclaimers an unnecessary evil! IMHO, there are situations where you
either do it within Exim or use Microshit SexChange, but I know many
people here don't give a damn about that either ;)

But given a choice between bread and butter and staying hungry, everyone
here will do it, no? Noone is going to say s/he is not scared of
starving to death.

Having put forward such a sadistic preamble... I have read before of
some people who have done it elegantly despite all the opposition it
has on this list.

Now I have conceived a very good solution for a friend of mine who is
starting a company. I have read the "riot act" to him (This is common
in all countries, right? When there is civil unrest..) about the
disclaimers but he says fine... he wants it.

Now not being a programmer of any repute, I hit the archives last night
for 3 hours and all I came out with were the NAYs to this
implementation.

Now I am wondering if someone does know the correct keyword to search
with so that I can hit the correct post that detailed such an
implementation. I can't re-invent that wheel, or should I? I know
about Dr. Hazel's transport_filter script, but I said I'm not a
perl programmer, no? ;)

Thanking you in advance, even as you prepare to fire your flame away!

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                    . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash _at_ wananchi _ dot _ com        . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223            . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121            . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post