[exim] implementing a per user white list using Exim

Author: Chris Spak
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] implementing a per user white list using Exim
We are an ISP and we are having trouble controlling our spam using exim

4.24.

We would like to implement a "authorized sender" capability, this would

allow our customer to only receive email from people that they have on their

white list.

Does the new release exim 4.5 have this feature?

If not, this is the functionality we would like to add to the exim program:

If the incoming message is from someone not on a receiver's white list then
the system would save the email message for 48 hours and send the sender an

email form to complete. The sender would need to enter their name and email

address. If the sender responds, the response is then sent to the receiver

for approval to add this person to the white list and allow the message

waiting and future messages to pass through to the receiver.

After a 48 hours the sender is blacklisted and all further email to the user

is rejected.

Has anyone written a "authorized sender" feature?

We would consider hiring an outside consultant to help us create this

feature and/or install the latest exim 4.5.

Please reply or call to be considered as a consultant.

Any ideas on how this could be implemented with our configuration of Exim

and spam assassin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Spak

Nittany Link, Inc.

1-888-333-9327