Re: [exim] Messages bouncing too soon

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mark Rigby-Jones
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Messages bouncing too soon
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Mark Rigby-Jones wrote:

> I would expect messages to be bounced quickly once the remote host had been
> down for two weeks or more, but I wouldn't expect any messages to be bounced
> during the first two weeks - or am I misunderstanding something?

You are correct. Exim should only bounce messages after a host has been
down for the full retry time. This is a tricky area of the code which
has had problems in the past. Now that your problem has gone away, I'm
not sure exactly how I can proceed to try to figure out what happened.
Eyeballing the code doesn't always show up anything, but I'll take a
look, just in case.