Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?

Autor: Mark Moseley
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?
<snip>
> BTW, SES could allow you to
> better control joe-jobs, altought everyday we find more mailers
> not using a null-envelope sender for bounces, specially for
> virus warnings and other notifications.

</snip>

Yeah, what the heck is up with that? I've been scouring logs today
trying to find other non-null sender bounces and there's a lot.
Luckily most are some variant of postmaster or mailer-daemon, but who
are these maniacs writing MTAs (or possibly configuring) that don't
use a null sender for bounces. What a great way to create collateral
spam. I've also had a lot of fun trying to come up with some regex to
cover the completely random envelope senders that Symantac NAV is
sending out virus warnings for (yet another source on unnecessary
noise on the net, though I'm sure that's been covered on the list ad
nauseam).