Re: [exim] Reducing Server Load

Autor: Mark Moseley
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Server Load
On 4/9/05, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> Trying to get Exim to process mail faster. Seems like the server load
> levels are higher than they should be. Disk IO seems heavy. Anyone have
> any quick tricks?

Random stuff:
If you have exiscan stuff running and frequently scanning messages
(demime, etc), I've found that mounting tmpfs over the scan directory
in the exim spool dir helped a whole lot (mount -t tmpfs tmpfs
/path/to/scan if you're in Linux).

I like to keep my 'input' directory on a dedicated disk too.

I don't run an exim server without a local caching nameserver.