Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?

Autor: Jim Trigg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?
On Tue, April 12, 2005 2:29 pm, David said:
> Hi !!
>
>>>for domains that do not send email at all or for which the
>>>onwer wants direct communication (no forwarders).
>>
>> Generally because they don't understand the issues.
>
> i.e, a bank could want to send email directly to the user's inbox
> without having it's emails go through any third party server for
> security (?) reasons. Also mailing list owners could publish -all
> as there could probably have little sense in subscribing a forwarded
> email to a mail list. In any case, that's the decision of the
> domain owner and should be honored.

Once an email has been sent to me, it is my property and I should be able
to do with it as I please, including having it automatically forwarded
from one of my accounts to another. To address only your second example,
so if I get a new email account with a better limit I should be required
to unsubscribe from the list with my old (but still valid) account and
resubscribe with my new one instead of simply forwarding my old account to
my new one?

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-   /"\
Hostmaster, Huie Kin family website        \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN