[exim] Defered delivery (Outlook 2000 bug)

Autor: Compu-Creations
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Defered delivery (Outlook 2000 bug)
Hello,
I have a little problem ...
When an Microsoft Outlook 2000 user sends a message to multiple
recipients and one of those addresses returns an error code, I'm
assuming the server instantly replies with a specific error message,
namely "joe@???... User unknown".

Outlook chooses to ignore the specific username, and attributes the
error message to every recipient of the e-mail when it informs the
sender of the problem. with the message "No transport provider was
available for delivery to this recipient." This is completely unhelpful
to a sender who has 100 addresses in the To: field and needs to figure
out the broken one.

I found out that there is a way of fixing this: setting Sendmail to
blindly accept every incoming e-mail from an Outlook client, and mail
the sender a message about the error in a separate email a minute later.

/usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q1m -O DeliveryMode=d
This makes sendmail defer delivery on all messages.
Basically sendmail will always reply with:

250 2.1.5 joe@???... Recipient ok (will queue)
instead of
550 5.1.1 joe... User unknown

Then the message for local delivery to joe will sit in the queue for
about 60 seconds before sendmail picks it up and attempts the final
delivery. At that point it'll either drop it into the local mailbox or
service the sender back a NDN message.

Is there a similar way of achieving the same thing in Exim?

Please respond as soon as possible, I'm really pressured by time on this
one. And if you can be very specific I would greatly appreciate it
because I'm totally new to Exim and relaying software.

Thank you for your time...

Best Regards,
Raz