Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?
On 4/11/2005 23:43, "David Woodhouse" <dwmw2@???> wrote:

> SPF won't help much, as you observed. Because of SPF's brokenness, there
> aren't that many people who are willing to reject mail for an SPF
> failure either, just as there are many people who are rightly very
> reluctant to publish with '-all'. You'd do best to abandon SPF
> altogether.

We have a database of "trusted" domains (trusted by us) that publish SPF.
If the sending IP matches the SPF record, it bypasses greylisting (saving
resources both us and the sending host). That doesn't get hosting services
which publish SPF but don't do SRS by greylisting, but it does help
some...we have other means of whitelisting.

We don't reject anything for SPF failures.

The above work is done by a socket call to a daemon, so I can't present an
ACL for it.

--John