[exim] Re: Sender callouts

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Sender callouts
Ian FREISLICH <if@???> wrote:
> Wakko Warner wrote:

[...]
>> Speaking of this, my server doesn't allow emails through that don't have a
>> message-id header. Your MUA/MTA is not adding this header. There are
>> others that do this as well.

> I saw that, I thought that exim did add this header by default.
> Perhaps it stopped doing so between 3.3x and 4.50 which was the
> jump my workstation made last week.

Exim used to add this header by default up to v4.30. I'd suggest using

  warn hosts = +relay_from_hosts
       control = submission/sender_retain

in your RCPT ACL (with relay_from_host containing the list of hosts
you are acting as relay for.)
          cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"