Re: [exim] Sender callouts

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callouts
On 4/8/2005 14:17, "Wakko Warner" <wakko@???> wrote:

> Speaking of this, my server doesn't allow emails through that don't have a
> message-id header. Your MUA/MTA is not adding this header. There are
> others that do this as well.

Like Outlook 2003. Some genius in Redmond decided that having Outlook
create the Message-Id: header revealed internal networking information.
(That's true, it does.) So Outlook expects Exchange to add such a header
(after all, why would you talk to anything else using Outlook).

Fortunately, now that we have our incoming mail from customers separated
from incoming mail from the world, we can set up submission mode for the
customers.

--John