Re: [exim] Sender callouts

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callouts
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> If you're going to be bloody-minded (I am, too) why accept mail
> from sources that won't accept a properly-constructed bounce?

Yup, I quite deliberately put domains into our callouts list if I
happen to become aware that they reject bounces - so that they can
deny themselves the ability to email us until their problem is
corrected. Most of those seem to be in China, though. Mail to
postmaster/abuse is excepted from this blockage, though (egregious
abuse of the postmaster address is dealt with separately).

I'll make an occasional exception for misbehaving domains from which
there's a definite business case to accept mail from them (and where
we're unlikely to have any useful influence over their mailer's
policy).

h t h