Re: [exim] Sender callouts

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callouts
On 8 Apr 2005 at 11:58, Fred Viles wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Sender callouts ":

| On 8 Apr 2005 at 12:29, Ian FREISLICH wrote about
|     "Re: [exim] Sender callouts ":
|
| | Wakko Warner wrote:
| | > Won't go over too well if the sender's server uses SPF.  It's also possible
| | > the site won't accept the sender if it's a local domain and not
| | > authenticated.
| |
| | Hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  I haven't seen it fail that way
| | yet.
|
| It would fail for messages from my domain.

But it doesn't, apparently. I see no evidence of a failed callout in
my log when I send you (Ian) a test message. I must be missing
something. (rereads...)

Ah! You do the use_sender callout only if the normal callout doesn't
work. That's why my message got through.

Still, ISTM it doesn't make sense to try use_sender as a fallback (as
opposed to use_postmaster) since it is entirely reasonable for sites
to block spoofed local sender addresses.

- Fred